Author Topic: News and Information - Boat Show 2009  (Read 3569 times)

jmuskoka

• Administrator
News and Information - Boat Show 2009
« on: May 13, 2009, 04:46:37 PM »
It's that time of year again people!  The fantastic ACBS show in Gravenhurst, Ontario is getting closer.   On July 11, we'll be there again with our great lineup of new and old favorite seafleas on display as well as Eric and Sherri Seepa from the Jr. Craftsman Program helping the kids and adults alike with a variety of events and building opportunities.  Of course, last years Cardboard Boat Races will run again with all of the excitement and fanfare!  It was indeed the absolute highlight of last years show.

And......new this year........REGISTER AT THE ACBS SITE TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT TO BUILD A REAL WOODEN BOAT!!!!!!!!

The Jr. Craftmans program has teamed up with a professional nautical designer and will have on-site, pre-cut wooden kits, (ready-to-assemble and float), 6 foot long dories that kids can build.  The cost for each ready-to-assemble kit is $20.00 and quantities are very limited!!!   Check out the ACBS site for more information.

AND.......REMEMBER.....

This year, your boat may be judged as part of the Jr. Craftsman Program.   If you and your kid have built a seaflea then register at the ACBS site to enter your craft and have it on display at the show!   This is a great opportunity for Jr. Builders to display their talents. 

STAY TUNED TO THIS FORUM FOR MORE INFORMATION!!!!!

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE OFFICIAL ACBS EVENT REGISTRATION FORM!  YOU MUST PRE-REGISTRER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CARDBOARD BOAT RACES OR THE WOODED BOAT BUILDING WORKSHOP!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 04:57:02 PM by jmuskoka »
The Muskoka Seaflea Web Guys - Chris Taylor - Andrew Taylor - Rob Renton

hydro racer

• Hunter Hydro Sports
Re: News and Information - Boat Show 2009
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 02:54:49 AM »
Wow this year went by fast. I will put one of my hydros in the show again with you guys if you would like. It would be the third year in a row. I just don't know if I will be able to be with my boat this year  :| That wooden boat thing is a pretty neat idea.

58 Johnson

• Administrator
  • Putzing away with old outboards
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 01:17:33 AM »
Hey guys... the show is a go on Saturday the 11th in Gravenhurst, Ontario.  Hope to see some of you there.  Okay, so Colorado, Washington State and Oklahoma, ya, Norway and Germany too, may be out of the question but this show is well attended by folks from across southern Ontario and many of the northeastern states who venture to central Ontario to cottage and camp.  The show is actually a fabulous display of vintage boats, especially ultra-exclusive mahogany launches and cruisers that were such a huge industry locally in Muskoka many years ago.   

Muskoka Sea Flea adds a special display just off to the side in conjunction with the "Junior Craftsman" boat building area, and close the Antique Outboard motor display.  It's also close the aptly-named "field of dreams" where all kinds of "diamond in the rough" boats, motors and parts can be had.  New for us this year is that two people will have sea fleas for sale right at the show.  If you're in the market, and if you are not, but are in the mood for a great chat and some fun boats, please drop by to see us.
Ross Jewiss, Huntsville, Ontario

jmuskoka

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 12:34:08 PM »
Well guys, the show has come and gone.....and again it was a terrific day.   It only rained for about 20 minutes in the morning and slowly but surely the sun finally broke free.  By 11:00  o'clock it was sunny and warm!  Thanks again to all that came out and had a talk with us.  It's great to hear from "viewers" in person and share stories. 

Many thanks to Eric and Cherri Seepa who were on hand with the most excellent model boat building for the small kids and the terrific dory building for the older kids.  As always Ross was invaluable for the setup, running and breakdown of the display and brought along his recently acquired Mini Most ready to take on the waters at his cottage.   And our "dear" Cousin XL....(grrr...with his #$%@@ heated workshop) slogging away making things run as smoothly as possible.  Alex, Rachel and Olivia who constantly looked after the distribution of the the model parts and assisted in any way they could...thanks!  And last but not least, Will Hunter who pitched in right along with the rest of us and regaled stories of how his new hydro will soon be tearing up the waters of Gull Lake.  I managed to stay away from the Emergency Department this year and as far as I know, there was not a single drop of blood shed this year  (ha ha to you Bob Buckland!!!) 

This year Muskoka Seaflea had an amazing presence at the show and the line up of "fleas" was impressive.  Not to mention the fact that Bill and Richard Shorney brought along their two hydros and further strengthened "Seaflea Alley".  Plans are already in the works for a "Muskoka Seaflea Meet" for next summer at Gull Lake.  We hope this will be in addition to our showing at the ACBS show.  Stay tuned as we get our collective heads together and work out the details. 

Chris Taylor
Andrew Taylor
Muskoka Seaflea

p.s.  pictures here........

http://www.muskokaseaflea.ca/boatshow2009/index.html
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 12:43:59 PM by jmuskoka »
The Muskoka Seaflea Web Guys - Chris Taylor - Andrew Taylor - Rob Renton

Chris Merkley

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 10:55:57 PM »
Great show this year , I spent most of the day over in the field of dreams , hopefully I will bring my Hydro next year .just have to get my butt in gear.. Again great time and display...esp for the kids . Top shelf stuff.
Chris...
NorthBay