Author Topic: Speedometer  (Read 1766 times)

MuskokaMike

• Regular Members
Speedometer
« on: June 14, 2006, 09:10:04 PM »
Hello fellow boat enthusiats!

As i am nearing completion of my minimax.  I'm shooting for a Canada Day launch!   I am just thinking of neat little addons for my boat and one thing i would like to pick up is a speedometer.   I am not really looking to spend a whole heck of a lot of money on this and everyone on ebay seems to want to sell theirs for quite a pretty penny, so I was curious if anyone knew where an ideal place is to pick up marine speedometers for next to nothing or perhaps someone in the oshawa area has one for sale?

Thanks!  I'll be sening pics in the coming weeks of my completed boat on the water!

jmuskoka

• Administrator
Re: Speedometer
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 07:42:54 PM »
Hey Mike,

Check out the used section of your local marina.  There should be milk crates of speedos for sale around $25.00.  I picked up a great "never used" merc speedo from Sandy Cove in Barrie.  Apparently, some motors ship with tachs and speedos in the crate.....when they put the motor on some boats there is already the full compliment of instrumentation on the dash, so the marina has extra instruments hanging around.   Buying a new tach or speedo can set you back upwards of $150.00   ouch!!!!  Make sure you get a speedo that has a max reading of 35 MPH......if you get one that  reads up to 80 mph, the needle will barely move around the dial.

Muskoka Sea Flea.

p.s.  Check out the field of dreams at the ACBS show in Gravenhurst this July 8.  You can get some great bargains there
The Muskoka Seaflea Web Guys - Chris Taylor - Andrew Taylor - Rob Renton

stylomixer

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 07:08:55 PM »
Hello boat enthusiats,

This is my gps digital speedometer.
I bought it by Aliepress
You can install m/h or km/h.
Power for the speedometer comes from a powerbank.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:12:02 PM by stylomixer »

stylomixer

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 03:35:47 PM »
My speedometer installed on the minimax.