Author Topic: Minimost  (Read 111 times)

never2late

• Regular Members
Minimost
« on: August 05, 2020, 11:35:54 PM »
HI,

Sorry if these questions have been asked before about the Minimost build

1) the plans listed on the site show a 6 in. saw cut on the bottom hull panel at the 26 in. mark to 32 in. mark . Diagram #3A. I do not know its purpose.

2) to the right side of this cut is a 1 1/4 in. gap from a saw cut and to its right is another gap that I can not read. Appears to be a 3 with a fraction.

Thanks in advance

rogerduncan100

• Seeking Retro and Speed
Re: Minimost
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 12:49:15 AM »
The saw cut is so you can bend the bottom around the frame to make it curved. I think I went with one and three eighths inches for the larger gap measurement on the "gore". You end up trimming here and there anyway when you assemble so it should be fine to use that number. Make sure you gently  curve the gap you cut in the plywood. 
Roger, aka rogerduncan100

never2late

• Regular Members
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 02:13:25 AM »

Thanks. If I am clear then the 6 in. cut is actually a continuous cut from the 1 3/8 far right side gore or is there a stop point at the 1 1/4 in. and then the 6 in. cut begins shortly after. Hope this makes sense. John

rogerduncan100

• Seeking Retro and Speed
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 03:21:38 AM »
The cut is continuous and 32 inches long with the last six inches being only the width of a saw cut. Wider before that, one and three eighths inches wide at the start.
Roger, aka rogerduncan100

never2late

• Regular Members
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 03:03:11 AM »
Thank you, thank you, thank you. You answered my question perfectly. I was stuck on why there was a 6 in. cut all by itself. All the best. John